Fairhaven Veterinary Hospital, a Fear Free Certified Practice, is in need of an experienced Customer Service Representative/Veterinary Assistant to join our amazing customer services team. This team member will be cross-trained to work some days as a VA supporting the technical staff and Veterinarians, and some days as a CSR to manage incoming client communications and to provide top notch customer service. We consider ourselves the unicorn-practice that you have been searching for.
At FVH, our mission is to provide compassionate and quality care for both client and patient based on the principles of the Fear Free Initiative. The ideal candidate must have a strong desire to work at a practice that focuses on a pet’s emotional health and well-being as well as their physical health. Interest in animal behavior and positive reward-based training techniques would be a huge plus. Our team-centered culture values the voice of each employee in helping shape policies that reinforce our unwavering commitment to the bond between clients and their beloved pets. Consideration of the emotional needs of each patient are just as important as the positive medical outcomes we always strive to provide.
What We Offer:
– Your skills will be fully utilized, and you will be part of our incredible medical services and customer service teams.
– Full-time employees work 36-38 floor hours weekly, typically 4, 9-hour shifts with flex time up to 40 hours for completion of individual assignments and CE related to the position. Overtime is not readily offered to ensure a favorable work-life balance.
– No Saturdays or Sundays, late-evening or emergency/on-call hours.
– Competitive wage scale, currently $16.25-22/hr DOE. Automatic pay scale advancement each employment anniversary. Exceptional performance reviews can result in multiple wage step advancements.
– 360-degree employee reviews provided annually to celebrate your strengths and identify areas of development.
– 75% premium paid health, dental and vision insurance, gold level Kaiser Permanente plan.
– Uniforms paid with annual stipend for replacements.
– Relocation assistance available.
– Fear Free certification paid. Required to maintain highest level of certification available. You do not need to be currently certified for consideration of employment.
– Generous PTO policy (Paid Time Off) -10 days accrued first year with balance that can carry over yearly to a maximum of 160 hours to pursue your life adventures or to cover sick days.
– Vanguard 401K Retirement plan with 4% match.
– Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which provides free counseling, financial planning, and other benefits.
– Pride in working for a hospital that values not being corporate.
– We have a supportive nursing team that are directly responsible for maintaining our amazing hospital culture. They take great pride in mentoring our assistants.
– Highly qualified Veterinary Assistants considered for our LVT-in-Training program after 6 months of employment. All tuition paid for online program while maintaining FT job status.
– Minimum of 1+ year of veterinary experience required.
– Ability to lift up to 40 Lbs. (18 Kg). Position is physically demanding and depending on the shift, requires long periods of sitting, standing, squatting, and kneeling.
– Dedication to Fear Free principles of care are a must (paid certification and training provided).
– EMR experience, computer, and internet savvy. We are paperless and lean into technology to connect with our prime customer demographic.
– Strong communication skills, professionalism, soft-skills, and enjoyment of client interaction. Customer service background preferred, but not required.
– Collaborative approach to patient care.
– A positive attitude, kind and direct communication with coworkers and clients.
– A desire to continue to develop your knowledge and skills.
Interested applicants – Please submit your resume highlighting relevant experience and education, and a personalized cover letter telling us why you’re an excellent candidate. Email email@example.com
Please, no phone calls about this position.
We will only reach out to those that we are interested in interviewing.