Fairhaven Veterinary Hospital, a Fear Free Certified Practice, is in need of an additional experienced and licensed Veterinary Technician to join our incredible nursing services team. Licensed Techs will be trained to work in Outpatient, Urgent Care, and Surgery as well as to assist with Follow-Ups (Client Communication). We consider ourselves the unicorn practice you’ve been searching for.
At FVH, our mission is to provide compassionate and quality care for both client and patient based on the principles of the Fear Free Initiative. Our team-centered culture values the voice of each employee in helping shape policies that reinforce our unwavering commitment to the bond between clients and their beloved pets. Consideration of the emotional needs of each patient are just as important as the positive medical outcomes we always strive to provide.
What We Offer:
– Your skills will be fully utilized, and you will be part of a rockstar nursing team.
– FT employees work 36-38 floor hours weekly, typically 4, 9-hour shifts with flex time up to 40 hours. Flex time allows employees time to complete individual assignments and CE. Overtime is not readily offered to ensure a favorable work-life balance.
– No Saturdays or Sundays. No late-evening or emergency/on-call hours. We adhere to your schedule, and make sure all employees get snack and lunch breaks.
– Competitive wage scale, currently $21 to $31/hr for LVTs. Higher wage scales for VTS or leadership qualifications. Automatic pay scale advancement each employment anniversary, and wage scales are updated annually to account for inflation and COLA.
– 360-degree reviews provided annually to celebrate your strengths and identify areas of development. Regular check-ins with the management team, and an open-door communication policy to make sure all employees feel heard.
– 75% premium paid health, dental and vision insurance, currently a gold level plan.
– Uniforms paid annually.
– Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
– State licensing fees and professional dues paid for LVTs.
– LVTs receive $750 yearly CE (may aggregate over multiple years to attend national meetings).
– Willing to fund a VTS certification for the right candidate.
– Fear Free certification paid.
– Generous PTO (Paid Time Off-10 days accrued first year) with balance that can carry over yearly to a maximum of 160 hours to pursue your life adventures. Additional paid holidays also offered.
– Vanguard 401K Retirement plan with 4% match.
– Pride in working for a non-corporate hospital.
– We have a supportive team that are directly responsible for maintaining our unique and super positive hospital culture.
– WA State LVT licensure current or easily obtained at time of hire. At least 2 years of experience in Veterinary Medicine required.
– Fear Free delivery of care is a must (paid certification and training provided).
– EMR experience and computer savvy. We are paperless and lean heavily into technology to connect with our prime customer demographic.
– Strong leadership skills, communication skills, professionalism, soft-skills, and enjoyment of client interaction.
– Collaborative approach to patient care.
– High level skills in anesthesia and hospitalization care a plus.
– Behavior focus a plus.
– A positive attitude and resilience on those less than perfect days.
– A desire to continue to develop your technical and communication skills.
Interested applicants – Submit a cover letter detailing why you are a rockstar candidate along with a resume highlighting relevant experience, education and licenses. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, no phone calls about this position.