Our goal during this ongoing crisis is to make sure we can remain open to service our sick and chronically ill patients. In our continued effort to mitigate exposure to COVID-19 for you and our staff, we are implementing additional safety measures. The following policies will be in place beginning Monday, 3/23:
- It is very important that you complete the patient medical history form available on our website prior to your visit https://fairhavenvet.com/forms/patient-medical-history-form/
- Be sure to bring a cell phone on the day of your visit. Arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- On arrival to our parking lot, please remain in your vehicle. Clients will not be allowed into the hospital.
- Text 360-671-3903 with your name, patient name, model and color of your vehicle.
- A staff member will come to your vehicle to retrieve your pet. Please ensure all dogs are on a leash and cats are in a secure carrier or we will not be able to proceed with the exam.
- The veterinarian will complete the physical exam and call your cell phone to discuss a medical plan. The nursing team will complete any needed services and prepare medications to go home. Drs. and nursing staff will be restricting their private cell phone numbers, so please answer incoming calls.
- The Veterinarian’s assistant will call you when the appointment is finished to collect payment over the phone via credit card. Instructions and paid invoices will be emailed unless printing is requested.
- Your pet will be returned to you along with any medications and printed paperwork.
Rest assured, we will adhere to our Fear Free hospital standards of care and treat your beloved pet as we would our own. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we implement these new protocols. This is a challenging time for us all and together we will get through it!
Over the next week we will be implementing a new telemedicine platform to further reduce your need to bring your pet to the hospital. Additional details will follow. We will also have a pick-up box for prepaid prescription refills located at the front door. This will allow you to quickly grab your items and maintain proper social distancing.
Once again, thank you all for your understanding as we work hard to implement new strategies to protect us all.
Michael Bellis, Hospital Administrator